Joëlle’s research focuses on providing a long-term historical context for assessing recently observed climate variability and extremes. She is the Director of Climate History Australia, a landmark initiative to reconstruct past climate variability and extremes to improve future climate change risk.. Her current research interests include:
- Australian and Southern Hemisphere climate variability and change
- Historical climatology to reconstruct pre-industrial climate variability and extremes
- Australian climate history
- Climate reconstructions of the last 1,000 years
- Citizen science for recovering historical weather observations
See the Publications page for more details.